According to the UN the world’s population will rise from 7 to 10 billion people while 48 countries are facing serious water scarcity. So, we need more food, but we have less water available. The Growboxx® plant cocoon offers a revolutionary new capacity: you can plant only a tree with it, or you can plant a tree in combination with 4 other plants. The Growboxx® plant cocoon’s water efficiency offers a serious solution for water scarcity: compared to drip irrigation it offers over 90% savings on water use.
What is the Growboxx?
The Growboxx, made of biodegradable paperboard, is a system designed by Groasis that offers a revolutionary ability: to plant a tree in combination with other 4 plants in a totally ecological and sustainable way. The water efficiency of the Growboxx offers a serious solution for water scarcity: compared to drip irrigation, since this solution represents a saving of more than 90% in the use of water. With the use of the Growboxx you plant trees and plants in Spain at any time of the year, even in the warmer times of summer.
What can the Growboxx do?
The Growboxx® plant cocoon offers the following possibilities:
- You can plant a tree only, any species, in any climate, in any soil, or even on rocks;
- You can combine the planting of a tree with 4 other plants. The seeds or plants are planted in the 4 plant plugs cones in the cover of the box. At first they grow hydroponically in the water. After 4 to 8 months they penetrate the degrading bottom of the box and establish themselves in the soil;
- Combination 1: one productive tree (fruit, timber, oils, medicines, etc.) in combination with 4 vegetables, e.g. tomatoes, cucumber, paprika, eggplant, etc. This way an agricultural family has an income and food, while planting their orchard. Degraded land becomes productive again;
- Combination 2: one beautification tree with bedding plants or shrubs for landscaping of urban areas, cities, industrial areas, against heavy pollution or sand storms. Cities can stop using irrigation;
- Combination 3: one native tree in combination with 4 native wildflowers and bushes for ecosystem restoration. Through the planting of only 100 boxes with 5 plants, 100 groups of 5 pioneer trees will start to colonize, and after a few years, occupy the whole area. We call this the ‘Groasis auto-reforestation method’. This revolutionary method of ecosystem restoration will lead to cost savings of over 60% compared to traditional methods. Nature recovery on a huge scale is now doable and payable.
Which areas are suitable for planting with the Growboxx?
The Growboxx® plant cocoon works along the same principles of the Waterboxx® plant cocoon, but is made from recycled paper pulp and can be used to plant once. The use of paper pulp results in a much lower cost price and offers the grower an affordable and simple plant solution that is especially useful in the following situations:
- It is possible to plant on sand dunes;
- It is possible to plant in burned forests;
- It is possible to plant on rocks and mountains;
- It is possible to plant in deserts;
- It is possible to plant in eroded regions;
- It is possible to reforest many hectares while keeping the costs low – both for the boxes as labor costs.
Of course, the Growboxx® plant cocoon can also be used on fertile land, where generally speaking it leads to quicker growth, increased biomass and even higher survival rates.
Pre-order the Growboxx in Spain!
Are you interested in pre-ordering the Growboxx in Spain? Do not miss this opportunity to be the first to have this product ready for use! We will make the shipments according to order of arrival of the order, which can be sent to us through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The estimated date for the distribution of the Growboxx is July 2017. The estimated date of arrival will be notified by mail.